Heirloom Tomato & Ricotta "Tart"
If summer was served on a cracker, it would taste just like these savory appetizers with juicy tomatoes, creamy cheeses and fresh basil leaves.
- 24 TRISCUIT Crackers
- 1 cup sliced heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ½ cup shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Place crackers, with sides touching, in 6 rows of 4 crackers each on parchment-covered baking sheet. Toss tomatoes with oil.
- Combine cheeses; spoon onto crackers. Top with tomatoes.
- Bake 5 min. or until cheese mixture is melted.
- Top with basil; sprinkle with pepper.
Whole wheat TRISCUIT Crackers provide 12g of whole grains per serving. They team up with cheese and colorful tomatoes to form the base for this simple, yet smart, appetizer that can fit into your balanced diet.
If heirloom cherry tomatoes are not available in your market, you can instead use your favorite coarsely chopped tomatoes.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars <1g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|