Halloween OREO Spiders
Celebrate Halloween in a more sweet than spooky way with these cute spiders made from OREO Cookies. These spiders will be welcome guests at your party!
Prep time20 min
ServingsMakes 24 servings.
- 24 OREO Cookies
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 24 Mini OREO Cookies
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 48 mini candy button eyes (about 1 tsp.)
- Spread regular cookies with peanut butter, adding about 3/4 tsp. peanut butter to each cookie.
- Split 1 mini cookie in half, with creme on one half of cookie. Place cookie halves, with edges slightly overlapping, on each peanut butter-topped cookie for the spider's body and head.
- Repeat with remaining cookies to make additional spiders.
- Spoon melted chocolate into small resealable plastic bag. Cut small piece off one bottom corner of bag; use to draw 8 legs on each spider's body, then to attach 2 candy eyes to the head. Let stand until melted chocolate is firm.
Prepare using Halloween OREO Cookies, or your favorite variety of OREO Cookies.
Substitute 1/2 cup ready-to-spread chocolate frosting or black decorating icing for the melted chocolate chips.
Substitute 24 OREO Thins Bites Fudge Dipped Sandwich Cookies for the Mini OREO Cookies. No need to split the cookies - just place 1 cookie on each peanut butter-topped regular OREO Cookie, then decorate as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 9g|
|Added sugars 9g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|