Grilled Zucchini, Hummus & Pickled Beet Bites
This vegetarian appetizer features grilled zucchini, spicy hummus and pickled beets and onions for a savory low sodium and low fat choice.
- 1 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 8 slices, grilled
- 24 TRISCUIT Crackers
- ¼ cup spicy black bean hummus
- ½ cup drained pickled beets & onions
- Cut each zucchini slice crosswise into thirds.
- Spread crackers with hummus; top with zucchini, folding as necessary to fit.
- Add beets and onions, cutting beets in half or into quarters if necessary to fit onto crackers.
Tangy beets, zucchini and hummus top whole wheat TRISCUIT Crackers for tasty low-sodium, low-fat appetizers that are sure to please.
Cut 1 small zucchini crosswise into 24 diagonal slices, then grill until tender.
Purchase pickled vegetables from your farmers' market. Use instead of the pickled beets and onions.
- How to Grill the Zucchini Slices
Heat nonstick grill pan on medium-high heat. Brush zucchini slices lightly with olive oil; grill 1 to 2 min. on each side or until tender. Cool.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 2.5g|
|Saturated fat 0g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 3g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|