Grilled Vegetable "Paninis"
- 4 mozzarella cheese slices (2/3 oz. each), cut into 9 pieces each
- 36 TRISCUIT Fire Roasted Tomato & Olive Oil Crackers
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 18 slices, grilled
- 18 thin roasted red pepper strips (1x1/4 inch)
- Heat grill pan on medium heat.
- Place 1 piece of cheese on each of 18 crackers. Top with zucchini, peppers and remaining cheese; cover with remaining crackers to make 18 sandwiches.
- Add 6 sandwiches to grill pan; cook 3 to 4 min. on each side or until cheese is melted and crackers are evenly grill marked. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Serve warm.
Since these bite-size "paninis" fit into a healthful eating plan, you can feel good about serving them to your friends and family.
- Use a Skillet
If you don't have a grill pan, you can instead use a cast-iron or heavy-bottomed skillet.
- Use Your Oven
Heat oven to 350°F. Assemble cracker sandwiches as directed; place in single layer on foil-covered baking sheet. Bake 5 to 6 min. or until cheese is melted.
- How to Grill the Sliced Zucchini
Heat grill pan as directed. Add single layer of zucchini slices. Grill 1 to 2 min. on each side or until tender. Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining zucchini slices if necessary.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 4g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars <1g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||8 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|