Grilled Steak Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
The simple blending of ripe avocado with Italian dressing adds lively flavor to this crowd-pleasing main-dish salad.
- 1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak
- dash of chili powder
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup sliced red onions
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
- ½ of a medium ripe avocados, peeled, pitted
- 20 PREMIUM Saltine Crackers
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak with chili powder. Grill 5 to 7 min. on each side or until medium doneness (160ºF). Remove from grill; cover loosely with foil. Let stand 5 min.
- Meanwhile, toss greens with tomatoes, onions and olives; place on serving platter. Place dressing and avocados in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Cut steak across the grain into thin slices; place over salad. Drizzle with dressing mixture. Serve with the crackers.
Serve this delicious salad when you want a low-calorie main dish that can help your family eat right. As a bonus, the salad greens and tomatoes team up to provide vitamin C.
- Best of Season
Use different colors and textures of salad greens for interest. Soft, pale green butter lettuce and crisp romaine lettuce would mix well with some peppery dark green arugula and red oak lettuce.
- Creative Leftovers
This recipe is also a great way to use leftover cooked steak or roast beef.
- Make Ahead
Dressing can be made a day ahead of time. Prepare dressing as directed; cover with plastic wrap, placing the plastic wrap directly on the surface of the dressing to prevent browning. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 12g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Dietary fiber 5g|
|Total sugars 3g|
|Vitamin A||35 %DV|
|Vitamin C||35 %DV|