Grilled Peach & Berry “Pies”
Make the most of summer's fresh peaches with these fun peach and cookie packets that can go on the grill as dinner comes off for a delicious and easy dessert.
- 3 Tbsp. light sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1 fresh peach, cut into 12 slices
- 12 NEWTONS Strawberry Fruit Chewy Cookies
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Mix first 3 ingredients until blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grill peaches 4 min. on each side. Remove from grill.
- Place 2 cookies on center of each of 6 sheets of foil. Top with peaches. Fold to make 6 packets.
- Grill 8 min. Cut slits in foil before carefully opening packets. Serve warm topped with sour cream mixture.
Aiming for more whole grains in your diet? Each serving of these delicious low-fat "pies" is a sweet 130-calorie treat and provides 5g of whole grain from the NEWTONS Cookies.
Prepare using 100% Whole Grain FIG NEWTONS Fruit Chewy Cookies.
- Special Extra
When grilling the peach slices, turn them 1/4 turn after 2 min. to make criss-cross grill marks.
- Use Your Grill Pan
Spray grill pan with cooking spray. Heat on stove top on medium heat, then use to grill peaches and foil packets as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 2.5g|
|Saturated fat .5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 18g|
|Added sugars 3g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|