Grilled Mexican Corn & Avocado Toppers
This grilled Mexican corn and avocado appetizer is perfect for your next fiesta! Grill the corn ahead of time and the appetizers will assemble quickly.
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 10 servings, 5 topped crackers each.
- 1½ tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. chipotle chili pepper powder, divided
- 1 small ear corn on the cob, husks and silk removed
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 50 TRISCUIT Crackers
- 1 fully ripe avocado, coarsely mashed
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. finely crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1 jalapeño pepper, cut into 25 slices
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Mix oil and 1/8 tsp. chile pepper powder until blended; brush onto corn.
- Grill 10 to 12 min. or until corn is tender and evenly charred on all sides, turning occasionally. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix mayonnaise and remaining chile pepper powder. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut kernels off corn cob. Spread crackers with avocado; drizzle with lime juice. Top with corn and cheese.
- Cut pepper slices in half; place over topped crackers. Top with mayonnaise mixture.
- Special Extra
Garnish with fresh cilantro before serving.
Substitute 1/4 cup purchased reduced-fat chipotle mayonnaise for the regular mayonnaise mixed with the chipotle chile pepper powder. Or, prepare using Mexican-style chili powder and light sour cream instead of the chipotle chile pepper powder and reduced-fat mayonnaise.
Substitute 3/4 cup guacamole for the mashed avocado.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 8g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 4g|
|Total sugars 1g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|