Gooey Brain Cupcakes
Prep time15 min
Total time1hr 10min
ServingsMakes 24 servings.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 14 OREO Cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
- 2 drops red food coloring
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package; stir in cookies. Spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin cups. Bake 20 to 25 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pans 10 min.; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Beat pudding mix, milk and sugar in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in whipped topping and food coloring; spoon into pastry bag fitted with round tip.
- Pipe pudding mixture in zigzag pattern on tops of cupcakes to resemble brains, starting in center of each cupcake before filling in sides. Keep refrigerated.
- Make Ahead
Decorated cupcakes can be stored in refrigerator up to 8 hours before serving.
- If You Don't Have a Piping Bag
Fill a resealable plastic food storage bag with pudding mixture; seal bag. Cut corner off bottom of bag, then squeeze pudding mixture from bag onto cupcakes.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 11g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 18g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|