Glazed Berry Squares
It's time to enjoy the simple summer pleasure of fresh fruit. This gorgeous dessert, complete with a layer of creamy whipped topping, tastes like a mini berry pie.
Prep time30 min
Total time4hr 30min
ServingsMakes 20 servings.
- 16 HONEY MAID Honey Grahams, finely crushed (about 2 cups crumbs)
- ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- 1½ pkg. (8 oz. each) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- 1½ cups sliced fresh strawberries
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) strawberry gelatin
- ¾ cup ice cubes
- Combine graham crumbs, butter and 1/4 cup sugar; press onto bottom of 13x9-inch dish.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar in medium bowl with mixer until well blended. Whisk in whipped topping; spread over crust. Top with berries.
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add ice; stir until melted. Pour over berries.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- How to Soften the Cream Cheese
Place completely unwrapped packages of cream cheese in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 20 sec. or just until cream cheese is softened.
Prepare recipe as directed, using thawed frozen light whipped topping and substituting Neufchatel cheese for the cream cheese.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 13g|
|Saturated fat 8g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 17g|
|Added sugars 14g|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|