GINGER SNAP Cupcakes with TOBLERONE Buttercream Frosting
Prep time40 min
Total time1hr 40min
- 1 cup cake flour
- 10 NABISCO Ginger Snaps , finely crushed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1¼ tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- ¾ cup milk, divided
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 bar (7.1 oz) Toblerone Swiss Milk Chocolate 1, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cookie crumbs, baking powder, 1 tsp. cinnamon and salt.
- In large mixer bowl, beat 1 stick butter and granulated sugar with mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, molasses, and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Gradually beat half of dry ingredients into butter mixture. Continue mixing while alternately beating in remaining flour mixture and 1/2 cup milk.
- Scoop batter into paper-lined muffin cups. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pans 10 min.; remove from pans. Cool completely.
- Beat remaining 1 stick butter, powdered sugar, vanilla bean seeds (scraped from inside of vanilla bean) and remaining 1/4 tsp. cinnamon in a mixing bowl until smooth. Continue mixing while slowly adding remaining 1/4 cup milk. Gently mix in chocolate. Spread over tops of cupcakes. Garnish with additional chocolate chunks, if desired.