Ginger Snap-Apple Mallow Crisp
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 6 servings.
- 4 medium cooking apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 18 NABISCO Ginger Snaps, finely crushed
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place apples in greased 8-inch square baking pan. Top with marshmallows; set aside.
- Mix ginger snap crumbs, pecans and butter in medium bowl until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over marshmallow layer.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until apples are tender, covering loosely with foil after 10 minutes to prevent overbrowning, if necessary.
Enjoy a serving of this warm crisp for a special treat.
- Best of Season
Look for apples that are firm and well colored with smooth, blemish-free skins. Choose the variety that best suits your needs. For cooking uses, choose Rhode Island Greening, Rome Beauty or York Imperial varieties. All-purpose apples, such as Cortland, Granny Smith, Jonathan, Fuji, Gravenstein, Empire, Jonagold, McIntosh, Pippin, Northern Spy and Winesap are suitable for both cooking and snacking.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 17g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 23g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|