Garlic, Spinach & Cheddar Fondue
We've translated your favorite spinach dip into a melty cheddar fondue for a winning combo at a party—or anywhere else.
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 3 cups dip or 24 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and 6 crackers each.
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) shredded triple-cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup cream cheese spread
- 1½ cups tightly packed fresh spinach, finely chopped
- TRISCUIT Crackers
- Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Add garlic; cook 2 min., stirring frequently. Stir in wine; bring just to a simmer. Meanwhile, toss cheddar cheese with cornstarch.
- Add cheddar cheese,1/2 cup at a time, to wine mixture; cook 1 min. after each addition or until cheese is completely melted, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cream cheese spread; cook and stir 2 min. or until melted. Add spinach; cook 2 min. or until heated through, stirring constantly.
- Serve in a fondue pot or small slow cooker with crackers.
Substitute fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth for the wine.
- Special Extra
Serve with cut-up fresh vegetables, such as broccoli florets, celery sticks and/or pepper strips, in addition to the crackers.
Cool any leftovers. Refrigerate up to 3 days. When ready to serve, reheat the fondue on the stove top or in the microwave just until heated through, stirring frequently.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 11g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 4g|
|Total sugars 0g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|