- 2 oz. Neufchatel cheese, softened
- ¼ tsp. zest and 2 tsp. juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. fat-free milk
- 24 uncooked medium shrimp (about 1/2 lb.), peeled, deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 TRISCUIT Roasted Garlic Crackers
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Mix Neufchatel cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice and milk until blended.
- Cook and stir shrimp and garlic in nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 3 to 4 min. or until shrimp turn pink.
- Spread crackers with Neufchatel mixture; top with shrimp and parsley.
These flavorful appetizers made with whole wheat crackers can help you eat right!
- Make Ahead
The Neufchatel mixture and cooked shrimp can be stored (in separate containers) in the refrigerator up to 24 hours before using to prepare these simple, yet delicious, topped crackers as directed.
- Special Extra
For a special presentation, make cracker cups to serve the cooked shrimp in. Soak the crackers, 12 at a time, in 2 eggs beaten with 1/2 cup water for 8 min., turning after 4 min. Press 1 soaked cracker onto bottom and up side of each of 24 mini muffin pan cups sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in 350ºF oven 8 to 10 min. or until lightly browned. Carefully remove cups from pan; place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 20 to 25 min. or until crisp. Remove to wire racks; cool completely before filling with the Neufchatel cheese mixture and shrimp. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 4g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 0g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|