- 2 eggs
- ½ cup water
- 24 TRISCUIT Roasted Garlic Crackers
- 24 uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp(about 1/2 lb.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 oz. Neufchatel cheese, softened
- ¼ tsp. zest and 2 tsp. juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. fat-free milk
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs and water in pie plate until blended. Add 12 crackers; let stand 4 min., turning after 2 min. Press 1 soaked cracker onto bottom and up side of each of 12 mini muffin pan cups sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining crackers. (You will have 24 cracker cups.)
- Bake 8 to 10 min. or until lightly browned. Carefully remove cups from pan with metal spatula; place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Continue baking 30 to 35 min. or until crisp. Cool completely.
- Cook and stir shrimp and garlic in nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 3 to 4 min. or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat.
- Mix Neufchatel cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, milk and parsley until blended; spoon into cracker cups. Top with shrimp.
Whole wheat TRISCUIT Crackers, Neufchatel cheese and shrimp make this simple, yet smart, appetizer that can fit into your balanced diet.
Prepare using original TRISCUIT Crackers.
- Make Ahead
The Neufchatel mixture and cooked shrimp can be stored (in separate containers) in the refrigerator up to 24 hours before using top cracker cups as directed just before serving.
- Special Extra
Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs or snipped fresh chives.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 3.5g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 0g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|