Game Day Spirit Cookie Footballs
Celebrate the game with these fun cookie ball footballs - dipped in chocolate and decorated in your favorite team's colors. They'll be the hit of the tailgate.
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 30min
ServingsMakes 48 servings.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 2 Tbsp. EACH of 2 different colors decorating icing
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) football shapes. Freeze 10 min.
- Cover rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper. Dip cream cheese footballs, 1 at a time, into melted chocolate, turning to evenly coat all sides of each football with chocolate; place on prepared baking sheet.
- Use icings to draw laces on footballs.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is firm. Keep refrigerated.
- Special Extra
Melt 1 oz. of EACH of several different colors of candy coating wafers as directed on package. Use instead of the decorating icings to pipe the laces onto the footballs.
Substitute 1/4 cup white decorating icing for the colored icings. Use to draw the laces on the footballs. Add sprinkles or nonpareils in the colors of the two football teams playing in the big game.
- Make it Simple
Instead of shaping the cream cheese mixture into football shapes, roll it into 48 (1-inch) balls. Decorate with sprinkles or icings as desired.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 3.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 9g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|