Fruit and Nut Dip with Cinnamon Glazed WHEAT THINS
Planning a fall party? This delicious creamy fruit and nut dip served with crunchy cinnamon and pepita topped crackers is sure to be a popular appetizer.
Prep time15 min
Total time1hr 25min
ServingsMakes 14 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and about 9 WHEAT THINS each.
- 1 pkg. (8.5 oz.) WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- ½ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds), divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 6 oz. (3/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) Neufchatel cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup light sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 3 Tbsp. EACH chopped dried apricots and dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp. chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Toss WHEAT THINS with 1/4 cup pepitas in large bowl. Mix butter, 2 Tbsp. brown sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon until blended. Drizzle over WHEAT THINS mixture; toss to evenly coat WHEAT THINS mixture with butter mixture.
- Cover rimmed baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray. Spread WHEAT THINS mixture evenly onto prepared baking sheet, arranging pepitas on top of WHEAT THINS.
- Bake 8 to 10 min. or until lightly toasted; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix Neufchatel cheese, sour cream and orange zest with remaining sugar and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon in medium bowl until blended. Add fruit, nuts and remaining pepitas; mix well. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon.
- Refrigerate 1 hr.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS mixture.
Prepare using your favorite variety of seeds and/or chopped nuts, and/or substituting pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon.
- Make Ahead
The flavorful WHEAT THINS mixture can be prepared ahead of time. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 1 week before serving.
- Special Extra
Reserve 1 Tbsp. EACH of the dried fruits, nuts and seeds before mixing the remaining dried fruits, nuts and seeds with the Neufchatel cheese mixture. Sprinkle over the dip just before serving with the WHEAT THINS.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 11g|
|Saturated fat 3.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 8g|
|Added sugars 6g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|