Frozen Grasshopper Pie
A minty green filling of whipped topping and marshmallow creme is laced with chopped chocolate mints in this frozen version of the classic grasshopper pie.
Prep time20 min
Total time4hr 20min
ServingsMakes 8 servings.
- 18 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen lite whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 tsp. mint extract
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 15 thin chocolate mints, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Beat marshmallow creme and 2 cups of the whipped topping in large bowl with whisk until blended. Add mint extract and food coloring; mix well. Gently stir in chopped mints.
- Spoon into pie crust.
- Freeze 4 hours or until firm. (Pie will be firm, but not frozen solid.)
- Top with remaining whipped topping just before serving.
Dessert can be a part of a balanced diet, but remember to keep tabs on portions.
- Jazz It Up
Garnish with fresh mint sprigs and chocolate curls just before serving. To make the curls, warm 1 oz. chocolate by microwaving it on HIGH for a few seconds or just until you can smudge the chocolate with your thumb. Hold the piece steadily and draw a vegetable peeler slowly over flat bottom of chocolate, allowing a thin layer to curl as it is peeled off the bottom of the chocolate piece to make long, delicate curls. Or to make shorter curls, use the same technique using the narrow side of the chocolate piece.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 15g|
|Saturated fat 10g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 33g|
|Added sugars 15g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|