Oooh! Ahhh! Everyone will have a blast with these frozen gems that explode with a creamy center of pudding, whipped topping and cream cheese.
Prep time30 min
Total time2hr 30min
ServingsMakes 14 servings, 3 wafer sandwiches each.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1½ cups thawed frozen whipped topping, divided
- 1 pkg. (11 oz.) NILLA Wafers
- ½ cup red, white and blue sprinkles
- 42 pieces red string licorice(1 inch)
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in milk. Add dry pudding mix; beat 2 min. Whisk in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Spoon about 1-1/2 Tbsp. pudding mixture onto each of half the wafers; cover with remaining wafers to make sandwiches. Freeze 2 hours or until filling is firm.
- Spread tops of wafer sandwiches with remaining whipped topping. Dip in sprinkles. Insert licorice piece in top of each for the fuse. Freeze until ready to serve.
Sweets can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
Omit sprinkles. Divide 3/4 cup sweetened coconut into thirds. Place 2 portions in separate resealable plastic bags. Add 2 drops blue food coloring to coconut in one bag and 2 drops red food coloring to coconut in second bag. Seal bags; shake until coconut is evenly tinted. Dip tops of wafer sandwiches in remaining whipped topping, then dip in one of the colored coconuts. Insert licorice piece in top of each.
If you have any pudding mixture left over or choose to not make all 42 wafer sandwiches, layer remaining pudding mixture in parfait glasses with fresh fruit, such as strawberries and blueberries. Top each parfait with a dollop of the remaining whipped topping.