Feta Cheese Ball
Green onions and red peppers add festive color to this feta and cream cheese appetizer. And the walnuts give it a tasty bit of crunch.
Prep time20 min
Total time3hr 20min
ServingsMakes 4 cups cheese spread, or 32 servings, 2 Tbsp. spread and 5 crackers each.
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) brick cream cheese, softened
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup finely chopped red peppers
- 1 cup walnut pieces, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- RITZ Crackers
- Beat cream cheese and feta cheese in medium bowl with mixer until blended.
- Add all remaining ingredients except parsley and crackers; mix well.
- Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.
- Shape cheese mixture into ball; roll in parsley in shallow dish until cheese ball is evenly coated with parsley.
- Serve with crackers.
- Size Wise
Enjoy eating appetizers at a social occasion but be mindful of portion size so you don’t overdo it on calories.
- Holiday Feta Cheese Wreath
Prepare cheese mixture, then refrigerate as directed. Place drinking glass, about 3 inches in diameter, in center of serving platter. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of cheese mixture around glass, just touching cheese mounds to outer edge of glass to form a ring; smooth tops and sides of cheese mounds with spatula to resemble wreath. Remove glass. Garnish cheese wreath with chopped fresh parsley and red bell peppers as desired.
- Special Extra
To intensify the flavor and crunch of the walnuts, toast them before use. Just spread the nuts onto a baking sheet and bake in 350°F oven 5 to 7 min. or until lightly toasted.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 15g|
|Saturated fat 6g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars 1g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|