Festive Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes
- 2 cans (6 oz. each) white tuna in water, drained, flaked
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- ¼ cup chopped pitted black olives
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- grated peel and juice from 1/2 of a medium lemon
- 4 medium tomatoes
- PREMIUM Unsalted Tops Saltine Crackers
- Mix tuna, mayo, celery, olives, onion, cilantro, lemon peel and juice.
- Cut each tomato into wedges, cutting down to within 1/2 inch of bottom. (Do not cut all the way through tomato.)
- Spoon tuna mixture into tomatoes. Serve with crackers.
Enjoy the many flavors in this low calorie dish. The tomatoes not only add color to the dish but are also a good source of vitamin C!
Substitute 2 avocados, cut in half, for the 4 cut-up tomatoes.
- Make Ahead
Tuna mixture can be prepared up to 24 hours ahead of time. Store, covered, in refrigerator. Spoon into prepared tomatoes just before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 6g|
|Vitamin A||25 %DV|
|Vitamin C||35 %DV|