Festive Irish Cream Cheesecake
Serve this no-bake chocolate cheesecake, flavored with Irish cream liqueur, on St. Paddy’s Day or for any other festive occasion.
Prep time25 min
Total time4hr 25min
ServingsMakes 10 servings.
- 8 HONEY MAID Honey Grahams, finely crushed (about 1 cup crumbs)
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1¼ cups sugar, divided
- 1 env. unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup cold water, divided
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) brick cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. Irish cream liqueur
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Combine graham crumbs, butter and 1/4 cup sugar; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup water in small saucepan; let stand 1 min. Cook and stir on low heat 3 min. or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Beat cream cheese, cocoa powder and remaining sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture, then liqueur and remaining water. Refrigerate until slightly thickened. Gently stir in whipped topping; pour over crust.
- Refrigerate cheesecake several hours or until firm. Meanwhile, melt chocolate as directed on package; use to make chocolate curls. (See Tip.)
- Top cheesecake with chocolate curls just before serving.
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a serving of this festive cheesecake.
Substitute bourbon for the Irish cream liqueur. Or for a non-alcoholic version, substitute milk for the liqueur.
- How to Make the Chocolate Curls
Use spatula to spread melted chocolate into thin layer on baking sheet. Refrigerate 10 min. or until chocolate is still firm, but still pliable. To make curls, push a metal spatula firmly along the baking sheet, under the chocolate, so the chocolate curls as it is pushed. (If chocolate is too firm to curl, let it stand for a few minutes at room temperature; refrigerate again if it becomes too soft.) Use a toothpick to carefully place chocolate curls on wax paper-covered tray. Refrigerate 15 min. or until firm. Use toothpick to arrange curls on cheesecake.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 28g|
|Saturated fat 18g|
|Trans fat 1g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 36g|
|Vitamin A||25 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|