Eyeball Cookie Balls
The perfect dessert for Halloween, these chocolate cookie balls dipped in candy coating and decorated like eyeballs will be staring at you until you take a bite!
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 40min
ServingsMakes 48 servings.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 12 oz. purple candy coating wafers
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 2 pkg. (1 oz. each) large candy button eyes
- Decorations: assorted sprinkles, nonpareils, decorating gels or icings
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended; shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate 20 min.
- Melt candy coating wafers as directed on package; stir in oil. Dip balls, 1 at a time, in candy coating, turning to evenly coat all sides of each ball. Return to baking sheet.
- Add 1 candy button eye to each ball, then add other decorations as desired.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
Prepare using different colors of candy coating wafers, such as green or orange.
- How to Store
Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
- How to Easily Dip the Cookie Balls
Keep the cookie balls refrigerated until ready to dip in the melted candy coating. Then, add the balls, in batches, to bowl of melted coating. Use 2 forks to roll balls in coating until evenly coated. Remove balls with forks, letting excess coating drip back into bowl. Place balls in prepared pan; let stand until firm.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 3.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 10g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|