Eggplant, Mozzarella & Pesto "Napoleon" Toppers
- 12 small eggplant slices (1/4 inch thick), grilled, cooled
- 2 Tbsp. basil pesto
- 3 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 6 slices
- ½ cup roasted red peppers (about 1/2 of 7-oz jar)
- 24 TRISCUIT Rosemary & Olive Oil Crackers
- 24 baby spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic glaze
- Brush eggplant slices with pesto.
- Top 6 eggplant slices with cheese and peppers, trimming peppers if necessary to fit. Cover with remaining eggplant slices, pesto sides down.
- Top crackers with spinach. Cut each eggplant stack into 4 slices or wedges; place on spinach.
- Drizzle with glaze.
In addition to being eye appealing, these colorful appetizers are also a tasty way to eat well. And as a bonus, the roasted red peppers and spinach contain vitamin C.
- Special Extra
Garnish with fresh oregano or basil leaves before serving.
Prepare using 12 small fried breaded eggplant slices.
- How to Grill the Eggplant Slices
Heat nonstick grill pan on medium-high heat. Brush eggplant slices lightly with olive oil; grill 2 to 3 min. on each side until tender. Cool.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars <1g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||10 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|