Easy Root Beer Float Cupcakes
Love root beer floats? Then these homemade cupcakes will surely be a favorite dessert! Root beer-flavored cake is topped with creamy whipped topping plus a cherry on top!
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 20min
ServingsMakes 24 servings.
- 30 CHIPS AHOY! Cookies, divided
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 8 root beer barrel candies, crushed (about 1/3 cup), divided
- 1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 24 maraschino cherries with stems
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place 1 cookie, top side down, in each of 24 paper-lined muffin pan cups. Cut remaining cookies into quarters; set aside.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package. Stir in half of the crushed candy. Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 20 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 min. Remove cupcakes from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Remove paper liners from cupcakes. Place cupcakes, cookie sides up, on serving plate. Spread or pipe whipped topping onto cupcakes; sprinkle with the remaining crushed candy.
- Top cupcakes with cherries and reserved cookie quarters just before serving.
- Special Extra
Cut each of 8 colored straws into thirds. Insert 1 straw piece into top of each decorated cupcake just before serving.
- How to Crush the Candies
Place candies in freezer-weight resealable plastic bag; fold bag in half. Use mallet or bottom of small saucepan to crush the candies. Or, you can instead crush the candies with a mortar and pestle.
- Cake Mix
If the cake mix package you are using calls for baking the cupcakes at a different temperature than the 350°F used to bake the cupcakes in this recipe, follow your package directions for baking the cupcakes except increase the baking time by 3 to 5 min. or until cupcakes are done.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 4.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 18g|
|Added sugars 17g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|