Easy Lemon "Meringue" Pie
Prep time30 min
Total time5hr 0min
ServingsMakes 12 servings.
- 47 NILLA Wafers, divided
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2½ cups water
- 2 pkg. (3 oz. each) lemon gelatin
- 1½ tsp. lemon zest
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Crush 35 wafers; mix with 2 Tbsp. sugar and butter until blended. Press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 5 min.
- Mix remaining sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Gradually stir in water until blended. Bring to boil on medium heat; cook 8 min., stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add dry gelatin mixes and zest; stir 2 min. until gelatin is completely dissolved. Refrigerate 1 hour or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Pour into crust.
- Microwave marshmallows and milk in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min. or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 1 min. Refrigerate 15 min. or until completely cooled. Whisk in whipped topping; spread over gelatin layer in crust.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm. Garnish with remaining wafers just before serving.
- Cooking Know-How
The best way to thaw frozen whipped topping is in its container in the refrigerator. An 8-oz. tub will thaw in 4 hours. We DO NOT recommend thawing whipped topping in the microwave.
Dessert can be a part of a balanced diet, but remember to keep tabs on portions.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 9g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 36g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|