Easy Ice Cream Sandwiches
You never take a day off from being Awesome Mom. Tonight, the awesomeness is on us. Three ingredients, no oven, big smiles.
Prep time15 min
Total time2hr 45min
ServingsMakes 15 servings.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts, divided
- 30 CHIPS AHOY! Cookies
- Mix ice cream and 1/2 cup nuts in airtight container. Freeze 20 to 30 min. or until firm enough to hold its shape.
- Spoon about 2 Tbsp. ice cream mixture onto flat side of each of 15 cookies; cover each with second cookie, top-side up, to make sandwich.
- Roll edges in remaining nuts. Freeze 2 hours or until firm.
- Storage Know-How
Wrap sandwiches individually in plastic wrap or foil; place in freezer-weight resealable plastic bag. Freeze up to 2 weeks.
- Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Minis
For bite-size sandwiches, prepare as directed using Mini CHIPS AHOY! Cookies and filling each cookie sandwich with 2 tsp. of the ice cream mixture. Makes 15 servings, 2 mini sandwiches each.
- Special Extra
Roll edges in chopped semi-sweet chocolate, chopped miniature marshmallows or chopped Mini OREO Cookies.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 9g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 11g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|