Easy HONEY MAID Holiday Houses
Love to make gingerbread houses at the holidays, but don't love the work? These one-sided houses are the easiest ever! Perfect for decorating with kids.
Prep time60 min
Total time2hr 0min
ServingsMakes 12 servings.
- 18 HONEY MAID Honey Grahams
- 1 cup ready-to-spread white frosting
- Suggested decorations: small candy canes, starlight mints or other holiday candies; holiday sprinkles; colored sugars; nonpareils; miniature marshmallows
- Trim both corners off one end of each of 12 grahams for sloped roof of the house; reserve trimmed corners for later use.
- Decorate houses with frosting and suggested decorations as desired.
- Break remaining grahams in half to get 12 graham squares. Stand 1 decorated house on each graham square, using 1 of the reserved trimmed corners for support and securing all pieces with some of the remaining frosting.
- Let stand 1 hour or until frosting is firm.
- Size Wise
Have fun with your kids making these holiday houses. As a bonus, they can also be used to help teach kids about portion control.
- Mini Chalets
For each chalet, cut 2 grahams in half to get 4 graham squares. Stand 2 graham squares against each other in an inverted V-shape on parchment-covered baking sheet, attaching them at the top with frosting. Cut 2 corners off each of the remaining graham squares with serrated knife to fit the front and back of the chalet, securing pieces with frosting. Decorate with frosting, candy canes, other candies and sprinkles as desired. Let stand several hours or until frosting is firm.
- Family Fun
Use decorating icing to write names on fronts of decorated houses, then use as name cards on your holiday table.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 5g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 33g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|