Easy Cheesy Snowman Dip
Who wants to build a snowman? This creamy hot cheese dip is decorated with olives, peppers and a carrot nose for the perfect Christmas appetizer.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1½ cups light sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. ranch dressing mix
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 green pepper pieces (3x1-inch)
- 3 pitted black olives, divided
- 1 baby carrot
- 1 red pepper top with stem (1 inch thick)
- WHEAT THINS Big Snacks
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix Neufchatel cheese, sour cream, dry dressing mix and 1-1/2 cups mozzarella until blended; spread onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray. Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake 20 min. or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, make short thin cuts in one end of each green pepper piece to resemble fringe on a scarf; set aside. Cut 1 olive into 5 slices.
- Decorate top of dip to resemble snowman, using carrot for the nose, whole olives for the eyes and olive slices for the mouth. Add the red pepper hat and green pepper scarf.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS.
Better-for-you ingredients and veggie dippers make this festive appetizer a smart choice.
- Serving Suggestion
After cutting the scarf pieces from the green pepper and cutting the top off the red pepper, cut the remaining vegetable pieces into thin strips to serve with the dip. For more color, also serve with additional baby carrots.
- Make Ahead
This creamy dip can be prepared ahead of time. Mix dip ingredients and spread onto bottom of pie plate as directed. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, bake dip 25 to 30 min. or until heated through. Decorate as directed before serving.
As a change of pace, serve this as a cold dip. Prepare dip as directed except omit the baking step.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars 2g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|