Easy Carrot & Broccoli au Gratin
Prep time25 min
Servings8 servings, 1/2 cup each
- 2 cups baby carrots, cut in half
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 10 RITZ Crackers, crushed
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ¼ lb. (4 oz.) VELVEETA®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 oz. (1/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) brick cream cheese, cubed
- Bring 3 cups water to boil in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add carrots; simmer on medium-low heat 8 min. Add broccoli; simmer 3 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Meanwhile, mix cracker crumbs, Parmesan and butter until blended.
- Microwave VELVEETA and cream cheese in 2-cup microwaveable measuring cup on HIGH 1 min.; stir. Microwave 30 sec. or until VELVEETA and cream cheese are completely melted and mixture is well blended when stirred.
- Drain vegetables; place in serving bowl. Top with cheese sauce; sprinkle with crumb mixture.
Serve this cheesy vegetable side dish at your next special-occasion meal.
Look for 3/4-lb. packages of fresh broccoli florets in the produce section of your supermarket. Each bag contains about 4 cups which is just the amount you need to prepare this tasty recipe.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 9g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||110 %DV|
|Vitamin C||30 %DV|