East-Meets-West Sesame Chicken Dip
Top cream cheese with sweet chili sauce, fresh vegetables, basil, peanuts and seasoned chicken for a Thai inspired party appetizer.
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 3-1/2 cups dip or 28 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and 16 WHEAT THINS each.
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1½ tsp. lite soy sauce
- 1½ tsp. toasted sesame oil (See Note)
- 1 tub (12 oz.) whipped cream cheese spread
- ⅓ cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup tightly packed baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. red pepper strips (1 inch)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped lightly salted peanuts
- 1 tsp. sesame seed
- 2 Tbsp. torn fresh basil leaves
- WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- Combine chicken, soy sauce and oil. Refrigerate 30 min.
- Spread cream cheese spread into 8-inch round on serving plate; top with chili sauce, spreading chili sauce to within 1/2 inch of edge of cream cheese.
- Top with layers of spinach, chicken mixture and all remaining ingredients except WHEAT THINS.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS.
Plain sesame oil, which is pressed from raw sesame seeds, has almost no color, flavor or scent. It also has a high smoke point, which makes it a good oil for cooking. By contrast, toasted sesame oil is deep amber to brown in color, with an intensely toasty, nutty aroma and flavor, and a much lower smoke point. Toasted sesame oil is typically used as a finishing oil to add flavor. If you don't have toasted sesame oil, olive oil is a good substitute since both of these oils are considered to be healthy fats.
- Make it Vegetarian
Substitute 4 oz. meatless chicken strips or roasted cut-up fresh vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower or portobello mushrooms, for the shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Food Facts
Thai sweet chili sauce, also known as sweet chili sauce, is made using dried chili flakes and is primarily a sweet condiment that also has sour and spicy notes.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 5g|
|Added sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|