Double-Layer Pumpkin Pie
For our money, Cinderella had it wrong. We'll take the pumpkin, not the prince. This delicately layered, sweet and creamy pie is case in point.
Prep time40 min
Total time4hr 40min
ServingsMakes 10 servings.
- 8 HONEY MAID Honey Grahams, finely crushed
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. milk, divided
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine graham crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter; press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 8 to 10 min. or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 Tbsp. milk and remaining sugar in large bowl with whisk until blended. Stir in half the whipped topping. Spread onto bottom of crust.
- Whisk pumpkin, dry pudding mixes, spices and remaining milk in medium bowl 2 min. (Pudding mixture will be thick.) Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Serve topped with remaining whipped topping.
- For a No-Bake Pie
Prepare crust as directed but do not bake. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
Prepare using Neufchatel cheese, fat-free milk, frozen light whipped topping and vanilla fat-free sugar-free instant pudding.
- Cooking Know-How
Be sure to use canned 100% pure pumpkin - not the canned pumpkin pie mix.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 20g|
|Saturated fat 13g|
|Trans fat .5g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 36g|
|Added sugars 15g|
|Vitamin A||50 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|