Deep-Dish Sausage & Peppers Pizza Dip
Looking for a great appetizer for game night or a kid's sleepover? This thick and cheesy pizza flavored dip tastes just like a Chicago style pizza.
Prep time20 min
ServingsMakes 4-1/2 cups dip, or 36 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and 11 Big WHEAT THINS each.
- 1 container (15 oz.) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1½ cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 Italian chicken sausage links (about 6 oz.)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1½ cups (1/2 of 12-oz. pkg.) frozen pepper & onion strips
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- WHEAT THINS Big Snacks
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine ricotta cheese, egg and 1 cup mozzarella cheese; spread onto bottom of 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Remove and discard casings from sausage; crumble sausage into medium nonstick skillet. Cook on medium-high heat 2 min., stirring frequently. Spoon sausage over cheese mixture in baking dish.
- Heat oil in same skillet on medium-high heat. Add frozen vegetable blend; cook 3 min. or until heated through, stirring frequently and using edge of wooden spoon to break larger vegetable pieces into smaller pieces; drain. Spoon over sausage.
- Top with marinara; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until heated through.
- Let stand 5 min. Serve with WHEAT THINS.
- Special Extra
Garnish with sliced pepperoncini or banana peppers before serving.
Prepare using Italian turkey sausage links.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 8g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 5g|
|Added sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|