Day of the Dead Marshmallow Topper
Celebrate Day of the Dead with these fun bite-size sweet treats. Decorate marshmallows as colorful calaveras, or sugar skulls, using colored sprinkles, sugars or candies.
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 6 servings, 2 topped crackers each.
- 12 marshmallows
- 2 oz. white candy coating wafers, melted
- 12 RITZ Crackers
- 3 Tbsp. decorations (colored sprinkles, sugars or nonpareils; and assorted small candies)
- Snip off small piece from one side of bottom of each marshmallow. (Discard snipped marshmallow pieces.)
- Spread small amount of candy coating onto cut side of 1 marshmallow, then place on cracker; press marshmallow gently onto cracker to secure. Repeat with remaining marshmallows and crackers. Let stand 5 min. or until candy coating is firm.
- Decorate as shown in photo, attaching sprinkles, sugars and small candies to marshmallows with remaining melted candy coating.
- How to Store
Store in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 2 days before serving.
Substitute melted white baking chocolate for the melted candy coating wafers.
- Fun Variation
Use colored fine-tip edible markers (found in the cake decorating section of the grocery store), decorating icing or decorating gels to add designs and faces on the marshmallows. Or, decorate marshmallows by using the tip of a toothpick dipped into food coloring to make thin lines or dots.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 4.5g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 21g|
|Added sugars 21g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|