Crunchy Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Adding the saltine cracker topping to the zucchini combines your vegetable and stuffing into one tasty side dish.
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 4 servings, 1 stuffed zucchini half each.
- 2 medium zucchini (6 to 8 inch each), parboiled
- ½ cup finely chopped mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- 2 tsp. oil
- 20 PREMIUM Unsalted Tops Saltine Crackers, finely crushed, divided
- ½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. margarine or butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out centers, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells. Place shells in 9-inch square baking dish; set aside.
- Chop zucchini pulp; mix with mushrooms, onion and tomato. Heat oil in small skillet on medium heat. Add vegetable mixture; cook and stir 3 min. or until onions are crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in 1/3 cup of the cracker crumbs and the seasonings. Spoon evenly into zucchini shells; sprinkle with combined remaining cracker crumbs and margarine.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until heated through.
- How to Parboil Zucchini
Bring 2 qt. unsalted water to boil in large saucepan. Add zucchini; cook 4 to 5 min. or until fork-tender. Drain.
- Make it Easy
Save time by purchasing the vegetables already chopped from the salad bar of your local supermarket.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 3g|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|
|Vitamin C||15 %DV|