These bars taste like the best crunchy brittle you've ever eaten, and no one will guess the secret ingredient - saltine crackers!
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 16 servings.
- 35 PREMIUM Saltine Crackers
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Place crackers in single layer in foil-lined 15x10x1-inch pan.
- Cook butter and sugar in saucepan on medium-high heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring occasionally. Bring to boil; cook 3 min. without stirring. Spread onto crackers.
- Bake 5 to 7 min. or until topping is golden brown. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate; let stand 5 min. or until softened. Spread over crackers; top with nuts. Cool. Break into pieces.
Looking for something sweet? One serving of this crunchy treat is sure to hit the spot when served with a cold glass of fat-free milk.
Use a food processor to quickly chop the walnuts.
Prepare as directed, substituting mixed nuts with pistachios for the walnuts and topping dessert with 1/2 cup dried cranberries along with the nuts before cooling and breaking into pieces.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 16g|
|Saturated fat 7g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 13g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|