Creamy Spanish-Style Garlic Soup
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 8 servings, 3/4 cup soup and 5 crackers each.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) deli-style smoked ham, coarsely chopped
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Spanish paprika(Pimenton)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) chicken broth
- RITZ Crackers
- Heat oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add garlic and ham; cook 1 to 2 min. or until garlic turns golden, stirring constantly so garlic doesn't burn.
- Add cumin and paprika. Cook 1 min., toasting spices to develop flavor.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted and combined. Add broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 min. Serve with crackers.
- Food Facts
Pimenton is a unique spice made from spicy red peppers that have been harvested and smoke-dried with oak wood, which gives the pimenton its smoky flavor. Pimenton comes in three varieties: sweet and mild (dulce); bittersweet medium hot (agridulce) and hot (picante). The level of spiciness is up to you! Pimenton can be stored in a cool dry place for up to 2 years. Though a distant cousin of Hungarian paprika, pimenton has no good substitute for use in authentic Spanish cooking.
Prepare as directed, using Neufchatel cheese, fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth and RITZ Reduced Fat Crackers.
- Food Facts
Fresh garlic is available year round. Purchase firm, plump bulbs with dry skins. Avoid garlic stored in the refrigerated section of the produce department. Store garlic in an open container in a cool, dark place.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 19g|
|Saturated fat 8g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Vitamin A||15 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|