Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
Cream cheese is the secret ingredient that gets you to an easy no-fail scalloped potatoes packed with flavor!
Prep time15 min
Total time1hr 15min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, 1/2 cup each.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 oz. (3/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) brick cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. coarse ground mustard
- 1 lb. red potatoes (about 3), peeled, thinly sliced
- 35 RITZ Crackers, crushed
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Heat skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook 5 to 7 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Add cream cheese, broth and mustard; mix well. Remove from heat. Add potatoes; toss to coat. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Bake 50 min. to 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 min. before serving.
- Special Extra
For added color and flavor, substitute a sweet potato for 1 of the red potatoes.
- Make Ahead
Assemble recipe as directed. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
For a lower-fat version, prepare using Neufchatel cheese, reduced-fat grated parmesan topping and RITZ Reduced Fat Crackers.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 4g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||8 %DV|