Creamy Lime Parfaits
Graham crackers are to Key lime pie what summertime is to childhood. This sweet-tart dessert shines at a backyard cookout but just as happily follows a hearty winter feast. Traditional recipes fill a graham cracker crust with a Key lime custard, then top it with meringue, but you can serve it parfait-style and never turn on the oven. This preparation works equally well with classic flavors or a creatively customized flavor profile.
Prep time15 min
Total time1hr 15min
ServingsMakes 10 servings.
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp. zest and 1/3 cup juice from 2 large limes, divided
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 10 HONEY MAID Honey Grahams, broken crosswise in half (20 squares)
- 3 Tbsp. sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- Whisk condensed milk, 1 Tbsp. lime zest and lime juice in large bowl until blended. Let stand 5 min. Gently stir in 2 cups whipped topping.
- Spoon 3 Tbsp. milk mixture into each of 10 (6- to 8-oz.) parfait glasses; crumble 1 graham square over each. Repeat layers. Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled.
- Sprinkle with coconut and remaining lime zest just before serving.
Prepare using frozen light whipped topping.
- Special Extra
Add layers of other ingredients, such as fresh blueberries, chopped papaya or white chocolate chips, to the parfaits. Or, garnish each parfait with a light sprinkle of sea salt or chili powder.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 7g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 30g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||8 %DV|