Creamy Cheesy Brussels Sprouts au Gratin
Even the kids will love this cheesy dish!
Prep time10 min
Total time1hr 0min
ServingsMakes 8 servings, 1 cup each.
- 2 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ cup finely crushed RITZ Crackers (about 12 crackers)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook Brussels sprouts in boiling salted water 6 min. or until tender. Meanwhile, melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Stir in flour with wire whisk. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended after each addition. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 to 5 min. or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and nutmeg.
- Drain Brussels sprouts. Add to cheese sauce; mix lightly. Spoon into greased 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
- Bake 35 to 40 min. or until top is golden brown.
- Serving Suggestion
Enjoy this vegetable side dish at your next fall or winter get-together with your favorite cooked lean meat.
Prepare as directed, using low-fat milk and KRAFT FREE Shredded Non-Fat cheddar Cheese.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 17g|
|Saturated fat 9g|
|Dietary fiber 4g|
|Total sugars 7g|
|Vitamin A||30 %DV|
|Vitamin C||70 %DV|