Kids are more likely to eat what they help make, so combine efforts and let your kids help build these fun butterfly snacks with garden fresh veggies.
- 1 baby English cucumber
- 1 stalk celery
- 6 small campari tomatoes
- 24 RITZ Crackers
- ¼ cup garlic and herb cheese spread
- 72 thawed frozen peas (1/3 cup)
- Cut cucumber lengthwise in half, then cut each half crosswise into 24 slices. Repeat with celery. Cut each tomato into 4 slices, then cut each slice in half.
- Spread crackers with cheese spread.
- Top each cracker with 2 EACH cucumber slices and tomato pieces to resemble butterfly wings as shown in photo.
- Add 2 celery pieces to each for the antennae and 3 peas to each for the body.
Kids will love creating these delicious topped crackers that resemble butterflies. And they can fit into a healthful eating plan too!
Substitute thawed frozen edamame for the peas.
Substitute 48 toasted slivered almonds for the celery pieces.
Prepare using your favorite flavor of cheese spread.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 2.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 3g|
|Added sugars 1g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|