Check out this smart way to enjoy food that could be at home on the range: a big bowl of ham, black-eyed peas and vegetables pulled together with zesty dressing.
- 3 tomatoes, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) black-eyed peas, rinsed
- 1 can (11 oz.) corn, drained
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 avocadoss, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 slices deli-style baked cooked ham, finely chopped
- ½ cup Italian dressing
- WHEAT THINS Baked with 100% Whole Grain Crackers
- Combine all ingredients except crackers.
- Serve with crackers.
Good news! This oh-so-easy combination features foods from three different food groups, helping you to eat a variety of foods. Plus, it is a good source of fiber from the combination of avocados and black-eyed peas. The vegetables are also a good sourcof both vitamins A and C.
Prepare using balsamic dressing.
- Serving Suggestion
Toss with 1-1/2 qt. (6 cups) torn mixed greens just before serving. Or serve on lettuce leaves.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Dietary fiber 5g|
|Total sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||15 %DV|
|Vitamin C||20 %DV|