Coconut-Cream Cheese Pie
Prep time15 min
Total time3hr 40min
ServingsMakes 12 servings.
- 48 NILLA Wafers, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1¼ cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, divided
- 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups plus 1 Tbsp. cold milk, divided
- 2 cups thawed frozen lite whipped topping
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine wafer crumbs, butter and 1/4 cup coconut; press onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 min. Cool.
- Microwave cream cheese in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 10 sec. or just until softened; stir until creamy. Beat pudding mixes and 2 cups milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Add half the cream cheese; mix well. Stir in 3/4 cup of the remaining coconut and 1 cup whipped topping. Pour into crust.
- Add sugar and remaining milk to remaining cream cheese; mix well. Stir in remaining whipped topping; spread over pie. Refrigerate 3 hours. Meanwhile, toast remaining coconut.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut over pie just before serving.
Sweets can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
Prepare using coconut cream instant pudding mix.
- How to Toast Coconut
Toasting coconut is easy. Just spread sweetened coconut evenly in shallow baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 7 to 10 min. or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Or, spread in microwaveable pie plate. Microwave on HIGH 3 min. or until lightly browned, stirring every minute. Watch carefully as coconut can easily burn!
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 18g|
|Saturated fat 12g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 26g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|