Cinnamon Spiced Butternut Squash and Ricotta Topper
These roasted vegetable appetizer bites will be a sophisticated addition to your party spread. Roasted butternut squash tops ricotta cheese on TRISCUIT Crackers.
- 1 cup chopped butternut squash (1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 24 TRISCUIT Crackers
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 24 small arugula leaves (about 1/2 cup)
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Toss squash with oil; spread onto rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until tender; cool slightly.
- Top crackers with ricotta, squash and arugula; sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
In addition to being rich in vitamin A from the butternut squash, these delicious vegetarian appetizers are also a good source of fiber from the TRISCUIT Crackers.
Prepare using acorn squash.
- Make it Easy
Butternut squash can be purchased pre-cut from the produce section of your local market. Just use 1 cup and be sure to cut it into smaller 1/2-inch cubes, if necessary, so it roasts quickly and is small enough to use as a topper for the crisp crackers.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 5g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars <1g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||15 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|