Cilantro-Crusted Pork Chops with Chipotle-Peanut Sauce
Cilantro and peanuts are the perfect complement to these herb-crusted pork chops.
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 6 servings, one topped pork chop each.
- 30 RITZ Crackers, finely crushed
- ⅓ cup finely chopped cilantro, divided
- 6 boneless pork chops(1-1/2 lb.), 1/2 inch thick
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp. oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- ¼ cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- Combine cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup of the cilantro in shallow dish or pie plate. Dip chops in egg, then in crumb mixture, turning over to evenly coat both sides.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Cook chops, in batches, using 1 Tbsp. oil for the second batch, 4 min. on each side or until cooked through (170°F).
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in small saucepan on medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until golden brown. Add broth, peanut butter, pepper and sugar; stir. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 3 min. or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve each chop topped with 2 Tbsp. of the sauce; sprinkle evenly with peanuts and remaining cilantro.
- Serving Suggestion
Serve with a crisp mixed green salad and your favorite steamed vegetable.
- Easy Cleanup
Place a 15x12-inch piece of parchment paper, plastic wrap or foil on kitchen counter. Spread crumb mixture in center of paper instead of in the shallow dish. Coat chops with the crumb mixture as directed, then wrap up any remaining crumb mixture in the paper and discard. This makes cleanup a snap.
- Make Ahead
Coat chops with cracker crumb mixture as directed in recipe. Place coated chops in a freezer-weight resealable plastic bag, separating each chop with a piece of waxed paper. Seal bag. Freeze for up to 2 weeks. When ready to serve, thaw chops in refrigerator and continue recipe as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 23g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 3g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|