Prep time20 min
ServingsMakes 24 servings.
- 2 pkg. (10 oz. each) large mushrooms
- ½ lb. Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 oz. brick cream cheese, cubed
- 12 RITZ Garlic Butter Crackers, finely crushed, divided
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Remove stems from 24 of the largest mushrooms; finely chop removed stems and any remaining mushrooms. Place mushroom caps, rounded sides down, on parchment-covered rimmed baking sheet.
- Crumble sausage into medium nonstick skillet; cook on medium heat 5 to 7 min. or until done, stirring occasionally. Add onions and chopped mushrooms; cook and stir 3 to 4 min. or until tender. Remove from heat. Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Stir in 1/4 cup cracker crumbs.
- Spoon sausage mixture into mushroom caps, adding about 1 Tbsp. sausage mixture to each cap. Sprinkle with remaining cracker crumbs.
- Bake 25 min. or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
When buying the mushrooms, look for packages that have about 12 large mushrooms in each package. Reserve the 24 largest mushrooms for stuffing, then chop the smaller mushrooms to use for the filling.
- Make Ahead
Stuff mushrooms with filling but do not top with the remaining cracker crumbs as directed. Refrigerate up to 6 hours. When ready to serve, top mushrooms with remaining cracker crumbs and bake as directed, increasing the baking time as needed until mushrooms are heated through.
- Special Extra
Add a few dashes hot pepper sauce to cooked sausage mixture in skillet along with the cream cheese.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 2.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars <1g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|