Chorizo & Poblano Stuffed Chicken Breast
Prep time60 min
Total time1hr 25min
ServingsMakes 6 servings.
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves(1-1/2 lb.)
- 6 slices deli-style baked cooked ham
- 1 large poblano chile, roasted, peeled, deveined and cut into thin strips
- ½ cup shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ¼ lb. crumbled Mexican chorizo, cooked, drained
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 15 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup red salsa, warmed
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Make cut in one long side of each chicken breast, being careful to not cut through to opposite side.
- Top ham with chiles, cheese and chorizo; roll up. Insert 1 ham roll into pocket of each chicken breast. Brush chicken with mayo; top with cracker crumbs.
- Pour salsa onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; top with chicken. Bake 20 to 25 min. or until chicken is done (165°F).
- Serving Suggestion
Serve with hot steamed rice or a green salad.
Substitute roasted red peppers for the poblano chiles.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 18g|
|Saturated fat 6g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||15 %DV|