Chocolate Pecan Caramel Pie
This decadent chilled pie has luscious layers of melted caramel and a fluffy chocolate filling over a chocolate pecan crumb crust. Serve topped with whipped cream.
Prep time25 min
Total time3hr 25min
ServingsMakes 10 servings.
- 10 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- ¼ cup butter, melted, divided
- 16 caramels
- 1 pt. (2 cups) heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 env. (1/4 oz.) unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cookie crumbs, nuts and 3 Tbsp. butter; press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 min.; cool completely. Set aside.
- Place caramels in small saucepan. Add 2 Tbsp. whipping cream and the remaining butter; cook on low heat until caramels are completely melted and sauce is well blended, stirring frequently. Pour into prepared crust; set aside until ready to use.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small saucepan; let stand 1 min. Cook on low heat 5 min. or until gelatin is completely dissolved, stirring frequently. Stir in 1/2 cup of the remaining whipping cream and the chocolate. Cook until chocolate is completely melted, stirring frequently. Cool 15 min.
- Beat 1 cup of the remaining whipping cream and the vanilla in large bowl with mixer on high speed until thickened. Gradually beat in chocolate mixture until mixture is light and fluffy. Spread over caramel layer in crust.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Beat remaining whipping cream in medium bowl with mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spoon over pie just before serving.
- Size It Up
Enjoy a serving of this rich indulgent dessert on a special occasion.
- Great Substitute
Substitute 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks for the chopped baking chocolate.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 34g|
|Saturated fat 18g|
|Trans fat 1g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 20g|
|Added sugars 8g|
|Vitamin A||25 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||6 %DV|