Chocolate-Peanut Butter Hand Pies
Prep time35 min
Total time1hr 15min
ServingsMakes 24 servings.
- 1 pkg. (14.1 oz.) ready-to-use refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 2½ milk chocolate bars (1.55 oz. each), divided
- 8 NUTTER BUTTER Cookies (peanut shape), each cut into thirds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Use 2-1/2-inch cookie cutter to cut 1 pie crust into 24 rounds, rerolling scraps as needed; place in single layer on parchment-covered baking sheets.
- Cut each of 2 chocolate bars into 12 rectangles. Place 1 EACH chocolate piece and cookie piece on each pastry round; brush edges of pastry with egg.
- Cut remaining pastry sheet into 24 rounds; place over topped pastry rounds on baking sheets. Seal edges with fork. Brush with remaining egg; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 10 to 12 min. or until golden brown. Cook 5 min. on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool additional 5 min.
- Microwave remaining chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 30 sec. or until almost melted; stir until completely melted. Drizzle over pies. Serve warm.
- Size Wise
Balance out your food choices throughout the day so you can enjoy one of these hand pies.
For best results, keep second pie crust in refrigerator until ready to use. Also, place baking sheets with topped pastry rounds in refrigerator until ready to top with the remaining pastry rounds.
- Make Ahead
Prepare pies as directed but do not bake. Freeze in single layer on baking sheets, then transfer to airtight container and freeze up to 1 week . When ready to bake, heat oven to 375°F. Place pies on prepared baking sheets. Bake 18 to 20 min. or until golden brown. No need to thaw before baking.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 8g|
|Saturated fat 2.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|