Chocolate Orange Cheesecake
This homemade cheesecake in a spiced OREO Cookie crust tops a layer of rich chocolate cheesecake with a layer of subtle orange cheesecake to make the perfect dessert.
Prep time20 min
Total time5hr 20min
ServingsMakes 12 servings.
- 10 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 4 pkg. (8 oz. each) brick cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- ½ tsp. orange zest
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cookie crumbs, cinnamon and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended.
- Pour 3 cups of the batter into medium bowl. Add melted chocolate; mix well. Pour over crust.
- Bake 30 min. Meanwhile, add orange zest to remaining batter; mix well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Spoon remaining batter over baked chocolate layer in pan. Bake an additional 30 min. or until center is almost set. Run small knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Refrigerate cheesecake 4 hours.
Looking for a special treat? Orange and chocolate make a wonderful flavor combination in this decadent cheesecake.
- Special Extra
Blend in 2 Tbsp. orange-flavored liqueur along with the orange zest.
Reduce oven temperature to 325°F for the initial baking temperature if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan. For the second baking step, reduce the oven temperature to 300°F.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 38g|
|Saturated fat 21g|
|Trans fat 1g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 23g|
|Added sugars 20g|
|Vitamin A||35 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|