Chocolate Christmas Cherries
Pretty maraschino cherries inside a coffee-flavored cookie crumb and walnut coating are dipped into melted chocolate for an elegant holiday treat.
Prep time30 min
Total time2hr 0min
ServingsMakes 3 dozen cherries or 18 servings, 2 cherries each.
- 58 NILLA Wafers, finely crushed (about 2 cups crumbs)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 2 tsp. instant coffee
- 2 Tbsp. margarine or butter
- 1 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 36 maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- 3 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Mix crumbs, sugar and walnuts; set aside. Add boiling water to coffee granules in small bowl; stir until coffee is dissolved. Add margarine and corn syrup; stir until well blended. Add to crumb mixture; mix well.
- Shape about 1 rounded teaspoonful of the crumb mixture around each cherry, leaving stem of cherry uncoated. Place in shallow pan; cover. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Dip cherries, 1 at a time, in chocolate, holding cherries by the stems and turning until completely coated. Place on wire rack set over sheet of wax paper to collect drippings. Refrigerate 30 min. or until firm. Store in refrigerator.
Substitute 2 cups OREO Chocolate Cookie Crumbs for the crushed NILLA Wafers.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 3.5g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 19g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|